Sunday, December 12, 2010

Crossed off: Movies #3: Watch all 3 Lord of the Rings movies (Extended Edition) in one sitting

I'll keep this post short, since this is one of the least interesting goals on the list. On Friday, along with my Dad, I successfully watched the entirety of The Lord of The Rings trilogy--extended edition. In total, it amounted to more than 680 minutes of film (Nearly 11 and a half hours). Overall, I think the experience was worth it. The day looked a little something like this:

6:00: Wake up, shower & get ready to face the day
6:26: Eat some breakfast
6:40: Start The Fellowship of the Ring (note the clock!)
8:35: Switch to disc two
10:00: End of The Fellowship of the Ring (short break)
10:20: Start The Two Towers
12:10: Switch to disc two, short lunch break
2:15: End of The Two Towers, Start Return of the King
4:30: Switch to disc 2
6:30: The End

Like I said, not very interesting. Let me conclude with a number of observations:
  1. We need more drinking songs. If they're good enough for the saviors of Middle Earth, they're good enough for me.
  2. Are there no black people in Middle Earth? I had to get an hour into the third film before seeing anyone who might have even passed for being black. 
  3. There are so many battle scenes in these movies.
  4. Special effects have become so convincing that they don't impress me anymore. Which is depressing.
Special thanks to my dad for sitting through these with me. Up next: eating a HabaƱero. With video.




No comments:

Post a Comment