Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Reasons For This Blog (and what to expect)

I've decided to start this blog primarily as an impetus for productivity. Generally, I tend to waste my free time (particularly over school vacations/breaks). I have, on occasion, promised myself that I'd accomplish any number of things over a break, only to fail simply because my goals were not made explicit--nor was there any accountability involved.

I recently have put together a list (a bucket list, life goals, whatever you want to call it) of things I'd like to accomplish at some point in my life. Over the course of the next few months (or years) I want to use this blog to document my progress in attaining these goals. The plan is to have written documentation, photo, video, etc.

Here are the rules:

  1. I will upload shortly my current bucket list. It will not be complete, however, as there are portions of the list that are intended to be kept a secret (i.e. accomplishing something without telling anyone).
  2. I may add items to the bucket list, though I cannot remove them once they have been added.
  3. Some of these goals require the efforts of more than one person. If you're interested in helping me, let me know.
  4. There are no time restrictions for accomplishing goals (e.g. knocking out a certain number of goals per month/year).
  5. Feel free to take bets on how long I can last before I stop updating this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment